All NeatandSleek braided units are handmade base on full lace wigs. ( These wigs are made with human hair, which gives them a very natural look with the illusion of hair coming out of the scalp. Besides, the hairline is pre-plucked and knots are fully bleached already. ) Like other hair products, these wigs also require a bit of tender loving care/maintenance to help them last longer. Here are some trusted Hacks on braided wig maintenance which may help you:
Daily Hacks of your braided wigs
1. Let your braided wig have a rest, don't wear it every day.
2. Apply moose to your braided wig so that fly or stray hair can stay in place, but avoid using excessive amounts of mousse as this will make your units look too greasy.
3. Apply oil (coconut oil or wig oil) to make it shine, you may also use oil sheen instead of coconut oil.
4. Don't sleep with your braided wig, remove it before going to bed.
5. Styling? Yes, our stylists recommend curling with flexi rods and dipping into boiling hot water, leave to dry and then remove the flexi rods. You instantly have a new look with your braided unit! But once in a while.
6. Coloring? No, The braid strands are made using synthetic Kane Kalon fibre which cannot be coloured. The human hair on which is braided on however can be coloured but it is not advised to try to colour it as this will weaken the roots of the hair and this can cause the strands to start to fall out. We have bleached the knots, so do not bleach it again.
General braided wigs maintenance
We believe it is essential that you wash your unit before it smells badly. The time frame can't be stated because we all use wigs differently.
Anytime you wash it, focus on the cap area because that’s always the part that accumulates a lot dirt, simply dip the unit in a shampoo solution multiple times while also straightening it all the while after dipping, just wash it a little, do not wash your braided wigs like clothes. Conditioner are only necessary for the real hair, braids are made of synthetic material except for the base wig it is made of human hair. So, do not waste your conditioner, just use it on the roots area.
For that perfect finish, we suggest that an adequate amount of mousse is added onto your units before drying it in order to give your hair life and add that brand new shine, a healthy feel and look.
Airing your units after taking it off is important, we recommend getting wigs stands to help with proper ventilation of the unit when it snot being worn. The unit should also be kept in a space where the strands can fall freely to avoid bent or straggly ends. Your braided wigs will look better for longer if you can look after it. Your hair is an investment so invest time in looking after it.
More Hacks of your braided wig
1. You can use any type of shampoo, it doesn't really matter, just use one that smells nice
2. Braided wig may need to be trimmed after washing.
3. When washing it, you can straight it with your fingers.
4. Always place your wig in a vertical position when it is not in use.
5. If you have to put on any scarf or cap, it has to be satin, other fabric can make the braids appear rough.
6. Do you own a braided wig? How do you maintain/care for your braided wig? You also can share your test hacks with us.